Saturday 15 October 2022

Not Bess Flowers

I have created this post to prove that the listing on IMDB for Bess Flowers has become completely out of hand. There are many films on that site that give her credit (or 'uncredit') as an extra. Having watched some of these films there is either no visual evidence or the extra in question is not her. This is only my opinion, but I have studied these films in detail to find other instances of where she could appear and I think I'm right. Eventually I will provide links to video clips for you to make up your own mind.
 
 
 The real Bess Flowers


Forbidden (1932) as Gambler in Havana (uncredited)

Is this Bess on the right? I don't think so. Her nose is wrong and her cheek bones are not as prominent as the real Bess. She is tall enough, however.















The Big Timer (1932) as Fight Spectator (uncredited)

There are two fights in this film with female spectators present. The extra highlighted bottom middle of the picture is the only one of the fight spectators I can see who has similar hair to Bess, but her face is completely different.















New Morals for Old (1932) as Party Guest (uncredited)

The party guest in centre of the background is the only one who has her hair colouring and style, but she is way too short and her face is wrong.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors