Thursday 25 September 2014

Sammy Blum

Born: 25 May 1889, New York City, New York, USA
Died: 1 June 1945, Hollywood, California, USA

Sammy Blum started his film career near the beginning of the silent era.

Heavenly Days (1944) as Train conductor (uncredited)



















The Falcon in Hollywood (1944) as Sammy (uncredited)

Sammy Blum is seated on the right. Other extras in this shot are Bryant Washburn walking across and Margie Stewart as the secretary on the left.

















The Falcon in San Francisco (1945) as Headwaiter (uncredited)

Sammy Blum is on the left.












1 comment:

  1. When I was a boy of 7 I lived on the same block of N. Orange Grove as Sammy (1943). He once dressed me up as a hobo for Halloween and I won best costume at Laurel Avenue Grammer School. He smoked a lot, saved the tin wrappers the tobacco came in. I remember large balls of tinfoil that he turned in to the war effort. I liked him a lot.
    Bill Castenholz

    ReplyDelete

Contributors